Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Latest Obsession

Here's a picture of my latest estate sale find: this baby was hand made by the owner of the house over 50 years ago, it has 28 small drawers, 2 large ones, it's solid wood and it is HEAVY.  I know this because my loving but grumbly husband and I moved it up a narrow, winding basement staircase, down a few steps, through a garage, and finally into our van. It's amazing the strength one musters when the vision is clear. It may not look like much now, but I have big plans for the make over and unlike my very popular desk and chair set that eventually sold, THIS baby is mine.  Do I know where it will go?  Do I even have room for it?  Meh, small concerns where love is involved. Are you getting the idea that I just adore this gorgeous hunk of wood and drawers?  I'll post photos of the finished piece, but right now she's in the garage and it's WAY too hot to work on right now.  Soon, though, soon...

PS ~ A steal at $20!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can hardly wait to see what you'll do to make it look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you will make it look like a million

    Marilynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!