Tuesday, July 12, 2011

365 Days

It was one year ago today that I was 'let go', corporate speak for canned, dumped, fired, down sized, sent packing, and screwed.  Hard to believe it's been a year, even harder to believe I'm still unemployed. I know there are countless people in the same situation, millions of people in the world far worse off than me.  I personally know many people who are dealing with challenges beyond my comprehension.  I am grateful for the blessings in my life, I truly am, but when I go to bed at night I can only live my reality and my reality is that I need an income, and benefits, and the opportunity to once again make a difference in someone's life.  

Countless resumes, who knows how many on-line job applications (they're all on-line now) and no call backs. Not one.  Kinda makes me wonder how I got along in the world for so long without anything to offer. Very discouraging, pretty disheartening, and a bit difficult to remain motivated and hopeful.  I do the best I can each day and the rest is out of  my control.  So it's unconscious but probably not coincidental that I chose today to tear apart my studio.  A new look, a fresh start, a good time to clean and purge and reset the norm.  A makeover of sorts, all for the price of a can of paint, some hard work, and time.  I have a lot of time these days and while I can't control the outcome of my job search I can choose a new color for the walls. Yeah, I get it.  After all I WAS a pretty good counselor.

I'll post again once I'm done, but for now here's a few photos that aptly show the havoc I'm creating:
What WAS I thinking when I decided on
pepto bismol pink 5 years ago? 
Oooooh, who knows what goodies lurk in the closet?
Notice the two orbs?  
Probably the spirits of people who lived mean and awful lives 
and therefore get to spend eternity in a horrible pink room.
Staging area, AKA Matto's room.
Thank goodness he's in Minnesota
for the next few months.
Yeah.  I got a lot of stuff.
Keep close tabs on my de-stash progress ~ goodies will appear on Etsy soon!

2 comments:

  1. a fresh new look at everything - room - your art
    (which is Fab aready) yourself - your ideas just
    everything you can think of is ok too change - you are always a work in progress - I have a friend who was out of work for a year and a half - just got a job last Friday - but know you have
    friends who love you always - stay cool and keep the faith
    Marilynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn, you always perk me up when I'm down. Thanks and LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!