Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Latest Obsession - DONE!

I'm over the moon thrilled with my completed estate sale find, the chest of many drawers.  It turned out just as I pictured it the moment I spied it in a dirty basement workroom.  It now has a place of honor in the living room and I'd just like to say it POPS and wakes up the whole space.  Love, Love, LOVE it.  I haven't filled the shelves yet because I'm not sure exactly how to fill them...with two cats and a kitten in the house, everything is considered a kitty toy!
The dreamiest shade of deep turquoise makes this piece SING!

The variegated background is batik paper from India.

Check out those sexy 1950's legs!
30 drawers total...sigh.

The sides of the drawers are decorated, each one differently.

Each drawer is lined with a different paper.


So what do you think?  This has to be my favorite estate sale score.  Have you found a treasure that you adore just as much?  Do share!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!