Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Circle Game

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look
Behind from where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game
~Joni Mitchell 

My middle sister turns 50 this week so I made her a special gift to mark the occasion.  I started with a Graphic 45 Shadowbox and Album and decorated it with Authentique's Blissful paper, my absolute favorite collection so far.  I'm happy with the end result and I hope she will be, too.  
front
close up of kitty beads
inside front cover
back of shadowbox
shadowbox with album

I'm teaching five classes between now and Christmas, so I've been busy getting kits together while planning projects for next year.  I'm also working on presents for family and friends while keeping up with my Etsy shop.  One of these days I need to get out and get some shopping done, too.  I can't believe it's the end of November.  I can't believe my sister will be 50 years old.  I can't believe my baby boy turns 25 next month.  I've definitely reached the point where I'm dragging my feet to slow the circles down but it doesn't seem to make one bit of difference, so I'm trying to remember to just enjoy the ride.   I hope you enjoy your ride, too.  

6 comments:

  1. so what do you do with your time - lol lol lol
    your gift is beautiful - can you adopt me as
    your sister - see ya Monday

    Marilynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laure! You are such an inspiration. Looking forward to your class on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabulous shadow box creation - so much detail! Your sister will be delighted with it, I'm sure. penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Penny and Marilynn; the party is Saturday so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for taking time to comment. My sister loved the gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!