Friday, June 3, 2011

My Parallel Universe

The job hunt has been less than successful.  It's been, well...dismal.  Almost 11 months of unemployment and searching and apparently I have nothing to offer employers who aren't hiring anyway.  Who knew? So after the indignation and hopelessness and tears, I trudge upstairs to my studio and the magic begins.   There must be some kind of parallel universe living behind the door because time stands still the instant I enter.  Really.  Hours pass, maybe days, and I'm only aware of the peace that fills my soul.  I play scientist and experiment with colors and form.  I invent new ways to use old things.  I see the world through different eyes and then create what I see.  I tell myself "one day at a time" and I usually believe it when I'm in the studio. Little Joys has been busy busy, making me busy busy, too.  Etsy also brought me Nan, a new customer who's turned into a new friend, but that's another story for another day.  Right now I'm very happy to be Ms. A.D.D. McGee and flit about from project to project, getting my hands dirty and making a mess.  One of these days I'll figure out shipping costs and take pictures and post new art to Etsy, but right now I'm content playing and remembering one day at a time and believing in better days to come.  I'll leave you with a few peeks into my world:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!