Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Classes with Finnabair!

Ooops. I lied. I said my next post would be about my daughter's wedding, but I forgot all about my day of art goodness on July 12. I figure I'll tell you about that first, before I go all "mother of the bride" on you. I spent the entire day Sunday learning from Anna Dabrowska (aka:Finnabair) as she taught two different mixed medias classes at Cafe Crop in Merrillville, IN. I've loved her unique style for some time, and when I learned she would be teaching just 50 miles from home, I knew I had to get there. Finn was born in Warsaw and now lives in Ireland, so her coming to the U.S. is a big deal, and teaching in Indiana is beyond exciting. My wonderful husband gave me this treat as a gift for our 37th. wedding anniversary. Yes, the extremely broad "hint" came from me, and he finally picked up on it with a bit of encouragement from moi. What a fantastic day! I won't bore you with a ton of details except to say that Finn is a lovely person with a patient and easy teaching style. I applaud her attitude of anything goes probably because it mirrors my own. The people in both classes were friendly and fun, with some hysterical conversations going while we worked. Why is my table always the rowdy one? Hmmm. I continue to be amazed at how 40 people can use the exact same materials and make the exact same project and how each project turns out completely different. Art rocks! My mind is spinning with all sorts of new ideas, so keep an eye on Little Joys Studio for future fun. Here's a few photos for your viewing pleasure:
Me and the fabulous Finn at Cafe Crop, Merrillville, IN
9x12 Mixed Media Canvas
Close-up of above canvas - texture goodness!
The VERY generous kit from one of the classes - all supplies were included.
My hands AFTER scrubbing; it was a very good day!

So there 'ya go. If you ever get the opportunity to take a class with Finn, jump on it. You will not be sorry. I guess I'll begin working on a wedding post next. Or maybe my Wonder Maven news? What exactly is a wonder maven, you ask? Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Wow- beautiful piece. Love all of the texture and bits and bobs. And 40 people- wowzers- I took a class a couple of years ago with her in NY and we had 10 (of course the studio was very small) So much fun! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great Job - wanted to go but couldn't at this time. Can't wait to see your projects in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!