Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ThunderSnow 2011

My kind of town, Chicago is...

Unrelenting snow + 60MPH winds + thunder + lightening + hail = ThunderSnow 2011.  It doesn't look like we'll beat 67's record of 23" but it will be close.  I remember the Blizzard of 1967.  I was 12 years old and spending my time either shoveling neighbor's walks or sledding off the top of the garage roof.  I swear I'd be sledding off our roof today if I could manage to get up there!  Dear 25 year old snowblower: thank you for starting. You are awesome.  

I can still see out the front windows...barely.
View from the kitchen door.
Back yard and storage shed.
Notice where the snow ends and the top of the fence begins.
Our front "sidewalk."
It's there somewhere.  I think.
After 3+ hours of clean up with another 3 or so more to go.

View out the front windows.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like all the New England winters I am so fond of; isn't it beautiful! I know it creates havoc and is inconvient; but the light that comes through the windows is an artist's dream--notice how different it looks inside? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Chaos and Art. I appreciate your comments and hope you stop by again soon. Until then, create a little havoc of your own!